Mr. Harshit Mohan
Mr. Harshit Mohan is a young and dynamic entrepreneur who stands to empower the young pioneers who will push the world forward through entrepreneurship and innovation. He did his graduation in Electrical Engineering from AMU in 2014 and the Masters from IIT Roorkee in 2017. Harshit Mohan is currently working towards the Doctoral Degree in Electric Drives and Power Electronics from Electrical Engineering Department, IIT Roorkee, India. His research interests include power electronics and industrial drives.
- Recipient of DST NIDHI PRAYAS Scheme conducted by TIDES Business Incubator IIT Roorkee for translating the innovative idea into a product with a funding of worth INR 1 Million.
- Received Certificate of Appreciation from National Water Development Agency, Ministry of Jal Shakti, Government of India for the project PAANI Drives on Smart Variable Frequency Drive used in Irrigation.
- Received Certificate of Appreciation from THDC India Limited, Ministry of Power, Government of India for the project PAANI Drives on Smart Variable Frequency Drive used in Irrigation.
- Published more than 15 technical conference articles, journals and book chapters in various reputed national and international conferences, journals and publishers.
- Working as Academic Reviewer for various reputed national and international conferences and journals (Reviewed more than 30 articles).
- Invited for the Session Chair, Keynote Speakers, and Editors in Various National and International Conferences and Webinars.
- Delivered a Technical Presentation on “Development of Vector Control Scheme for Multi-Phase Induction Motor Drives using dSPACE -1104” in an Industrial Webinar organized by Dynafusion, India.
- Chairing an IEEE Industry Application Society Student Branch Chapter at Electrical Engineering Department, IIT Roorkee for the session 2020-2021, where previously worked as Secretary-Treasurer for the session 2019-2020.
- Organized a National Online Idea Pitching Competition (IdEEaVolt-2020) in association with IEEE Industry Application Society Student Branch Chapter IIT Roorkee.
- PAANI Drives | NIDHI PRAYAS, Department of Science and Technology, Government of India | March 10, 2021 – To date | The project PAANI Drives is about evolving irrigation motor drive system for agriculture pumping to normalizing the use of water and electrical energy.
- Direct Power Control of Induction Motor Drives | IIT Roorkee | July 07, 2017 – To date | Simulation and Experimental study on 1hp and 5hp three phase induction machine for direct power based speed control techniques.
- Analysis of Doubly Fed Synchronous and Asynchronous Machine | IIT Roorkee | May 01, 2016 – May 01, 2017 | Simulation and Experimental study of 3hp Doubly Fed Synchronous Machine under various faults. | Simulation and Experimental study of 3hp Doubly Fed Asynchronous Machine in super synchronous and sub synchronous mode under various faults.
- Study and Development of Full Spectrum Simulator-Miniature 001 | National Mission on Power Electronics Technology, Phase-2 by Government of India | May 01, 2016-July 31, 2016 | Submitted a report on the topic ‘Energy Conservation on Induction Motor with Immune Control Strategy Using Full Spectrum Simulator’.
- Designing of 12MW Hydro Power Plant-Water Resources Project Report | IIT Roorkee | Jan 01, 2016-May 01, 2016 | Determination of number of units, unit capacity, size of PH, size of switch yard. | Dimensions and specification of generator and transformer. | Selection of turbine and its specifications. | Dimensioning of all auxiliary equipment required. | Preparation of electric single line diagram with electrical protections. | Layout plan of switch yard.
- Automation of Water Pumps in AMU Campus | Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh | July 01, 2013-May 01, 2014 | Study of Networking, PLC and SCADA. | Installation of PLC and SCADA based Intelligent Water Pumps using Smart meter and GridVis software in Aligarh Muslim University Campus.
List of Conferences:
- K. Anil Kumar, M. Harshit, R. Raja Singh, “Dynamic Analysis of Sensorless Controlled Industrial Pump Drive,” IOP Conf. Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 906 (2020), 012029, doi:10.1088/1757-899X/906/1/012029. (IOP Sciences)
- A. Pangam, H. Mohan, M. Pathak, S. Jeevanand and S. Dwivedi, “A New Indirect Power Control of Induction Motor Drives,” 2020 International Conference on Power Electronics & IoT Applications in Renewable Energy and its Control (PARC), Mathura, India, 2020, pp. 524-527, doi: 10.1109/PARC49193.2020.236668. (IEEE)
- H. Mohan, M. K. Pathak and S. K. Dwivedi, “Reactive Power Based Speed Control of Induction Motor Drive using Fuzzy Logic for Industrial Applications,” 2020 IEEE International Conference on Power Electronics, Smart Grid and Renewable Energy (PESGRE2020), Cochin, India, 2020, pp. 1-5, doi: 10.1109/PESGRE45664.2020.9070692. (IEEE)
- H. Mohan, M. K. Pathak and S. K. Dwivedi, “Direct Power Control of Induction Motor Drives,” 2019 IEEE 13th International Conference on Compatibility, Power Electronics and Power Engineering (CPE-POWERENG), Sonderborg, Denmark, 2019, pp. 1-5, doi: 10.1109/CPE.2019.8862412. (IEEE)
- K. Agrawal and H. Mohan, “Cardiotocography Analysis for Fetal State Classification Using Machine Learning Algorithms,” 2019 International Conference on Computer Communication and Informatics (ICCCI), Coimbatore, India, 2019, pp. 1-6, doi: 10.1109/ICCCI.2019.8822218. (IEEE)
- K. Agrawal, H. Mohan and K. A. Kumar, “Applications of Full Spectrum Simulator Miniature – A Brief Review,” 2019 International Conference on Computer Communication and Informatics (ICCCI), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India, 2019, pp. 1-6, doi: 10.1109/ICCCI.2019.8822108. (IEEE)
- H. Mohan, S. K. Dwivedi and M. Kumar Pathak, “Control of Induction Motor Drives –Technological Advancements,” 2018 8th IEEE India International Conference on Power Electronics (IICPE), Jaipur, India, 2018, pp. 1-8, doi: 10.1109/IICPE.2018.8709467. (IEEE)
- D. Raveendhra, H. Mohan, M. K. Pathak and P. Rajana, “Model reference adaptive controller based stand alone solar PV pumping system,” 2017 IEEE 15th Student Conference on Research and Development (SCOReD), Wilayah Persekutuan Putrajaya, Malaysia, 2017, pp. 408-413, doi: 10.1109/SCORED.2017.8305355. (IEEE)
- H. Mohan, R. R. Singh, K. Agrawal, B. A. Kumar and T. R. Chelliah, “Energy conservation on induction motors drives with immune control strategy using full spectrum simulator,” 2017 International Conference on Computer Communication and Informatics (ICCCI), Coimbatore, India, 2017, pp. 1-6, doi: 10.1109/ICCCI.2017.8117800. (IEEE)
- B. Anil Kumar, R.Raja Singh, Harshit Mohan, Thanga Raj Chelliah, “Reduced Dump Load Strategy with FDI using FSS in Micro-Hydel Generating Systems,” MATEC Web Conf. 225 05010 (2018), DOI: 10.1051/matecconf/201822505010. (MATEC Web Conf.)
- R. R. Singh, H. Mohan and T. R. Chelliah, “Optimal energy switching strategy for doubly fed VSD using fuzzy — Decision control algorithm,” 2017 IEEE Industry Applications Society Annual Meeting, Cincinnati, OH, 2017, pp. 1-8, doi: 10.1109/IAS.2017.8101751. (IEEE)
- R. R. Singh, H. Mohan and T. R. Chelliah, “Performance of doubly fed machines influenced to electrical perturbation in pumped storage plant – a comparative electromechanical analysis,” 2016 7th India International Conference on Power Electronics (IICPE), Patiala, India, 2016, pp. 1-6, doi: 10.1109/IICPE.2016.8079516. (IEEE)
List of Journals / Transactions:
- Ghanishtha Bhatti, Harshit Mohan, R. Raja Singh, “Towards the future of smart electric vehicles: Digital twin technology,” Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Volume 141, 2021, 110801, ISSN 1364-0321, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2021.110801. (Elsevier)
- Harshit Mohan, Mukesh Kumar Pathak & Sanjeet Kumar Dwivedi (2020) Sensorless Control of Electric Drives – A Technological Review, IETE Technical Review, 37:5, 504-528, DOI: 1080/02564602.2019.1662738. (Taylor and Francis)
- R. Singh, R. Selvaraj, H. Mohan and T. R. Chelliah, “Dynamic Performance of Doubly Fed Hydroelectric Machines Under Voltage Unbalance—A Relative Electrothermomechanical Analysis,” in IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. 54, no. 5, pp. 4156-4166, Sept.-Oct. 2018, doi: 10.1109/TIA.2018.2833798. (IEEE)
List of Book Chapters:
- Singh R.R., Rohan M.T., Bhaskar K., Pratik P., Dipankar K., Harshit M. (2021) Regenerative Loading of Asynchronous Machine Drive—An Evaluation using Motor Analyzer. In: Komanapalli V.L.N., Sivakumaran N., Hampannavar S. (eds) Advances in Automation, Signal Processing, Instrumentation, and Control. Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering, vol 700. Springer, Singapore. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-15-8221-9_203. (Springer)
List of Patents:
- Harshit Mohan, Mukesh Kumar Pathak, “Active and Reactive Power based Speed and/or Torque Control of Induction Motor Drives,” Complete Filed: 202111007450. (India)